The New Mexico State Association of Parliamentarians convened its 49th Annual Convention on April 1, 2017. As President, I would like to thank all of the presenters for donating their time and talents:
- Adam Hathaway, PRP for Presiding with Power, Professionalism and Poise and Member’s Rights: You Have the Power;
- Jan Strand, PRP for The Ladder of Success: Using the Ranking Motions;
- Valoree Althoff, PRP for The Chair is in Doubt: What is the Result of the Vote?;
- Barbara Posler, RP for What’s My Line? Saying the Right Thing at the Right Time; and
- Daniel Ivey-Soto, PRP for Bylaws: A Trip Down Memory Lane.
NMSAP had an excellent attendance from the community as well as members. Officers elected for service for 2017-2019 are:
- Valoree Althoff, PRP for President;
- Kay Hannum for Vice-President;
- Jan Strand, PRP for Treasurer; and
- James Smart for Secretary.
The 2018 NMSAP Annual Convention will be for April 13-14, 2018 during Parliamentary Law Month. NMSAP welcomes all District 6 members! Save the date!