The 2017 Convention for the Oklahoma State Association of Parliamentarians has come to a close. The Association can report a very successful convention and is happy to report on the newly elected officers and a number of bylaw changes.
The convention was called to order by President Rod Davidson, PRP and we launched into educational workshops. The first was titled “What Does It Say in the Bylaws?” and was presented by Jim Lawson, RP. The second workshop was titled “Review of the Buff Sheet” and was presented by Rod Davidson, PRP.
The business portion of the convention was eventful with eight bylaw amendments to discuss and dispose of, elections of officers, the election of members to the nominating committee, and election of NAP delegates.
Our delegates amended our bylaws in the following ways:
- Changed the term of the Treasurer from a one-year term to a two-year term, starting with the election of the 2018-20 Treasurer;
- Reduced the size of the nominating committee from five (5) to three (3) starting with the election of the 2018-19 nominating committee;
- Changed the name of a standing committee from Yearbook Committee to Historical Committee; and
- Replaced the word “mailed” with “distributed” in terms of issuing the Call to Convention.
Additionally, we elected the following officers for the 2017-18 term:
- President – Rod Davidson, PRP.
- Vice-President – Jim Lawson, RP.
- Secretary – Mary Davidson, RP.
- Treasurer, C.J. Cavin
Finally, we elected five (5) members to the 2017-18 nominating committee and delegates were elected to the NAP convention to represent the association.